MSSP Advancements • 6 MIN READ
Must-Have Managed Security Services
by Eleanor Barlow • Jun 2021
For best practice, and to comply with regulations regarding data protection, information security & cyber security, particularly with concerns to handling financial, personal, and client-sensitive information, managed cyber security services are aiding businesses to secure their infrastructure, data, people, and processes.
There are a multitude of managed security services available from Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP’s). With core MSSP services in place, security can be heightened to improve both the speed of detection and speed of response. Not only can response time be increased, but mitigations are based on context, so that future threats are further reduced.
According to a recent report from Grand View Research, ‘The global cyber security services market size is expected to reach USD 192.70 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 10.2% over the forecast period. Continued cybersecurity breaches on the enterprise and individual levels, and the subsequent need to address the vulnerabilities in networks, apps, and systems, are the factors expected to drive the growth. The need for identifying advanced, persistent threats to networks, monitoring critical infrastructure 24/7, and penetration testing applications for meeting various regulatory compliance standards and acts, is expected to contribute to the growth of the market.’
Out of the multiple managed services available, however, there has been a considerable growth in Managed Detection & Response (MDR), Managed Firewall, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Management, and Digital Forensics.
X5 Managed Security Services Rundown
Managed Detection & Response (MDR)
MDR as a service provides round-the-clock monitoring to detect, investigate, notify & respond to incidents & potential threats, as well as limit the impact of security threats. With 24/7 Threat Monitoring, MDR supports incident response using playbooks driven by advanced orchestration & automation systems. This process rapidly contextualises incidents with enriched data, orchestrates response workflows, & automates threat containment.
- 24/7 detection of threats powered by real-time analytics.
- 24/7 Incident response.
- Advanced correlation & ML to detect complex threats.
- Incident containment & triage contain threats via incident playbooks & SOAR platform. And automate containment response to block threats.
- Improved Speed of detection & response. SLA provides detection, analysis & notification within minutes.
Firewall is your first line of defence against malicious and anomalous activity. It is a crucial element that keeps out dangers, controls, and monitors activity, accepts, rejects, and drops access.
- Enforce policies across complex, heterogeneous IT environments.
- Keep up with the volume of network security change requests.
- Maintain compliance and provide documentation for audits and incident response.
- Support application connectivity demands for new technologies, such as the hybrid cloud and IoT.
- Address your acute shortage of skilled Firewall Engineers. 24/7 change management for both multi time zone and out of hours working.
For more on Managed Firewall, download the recording to the webinar ‘Firewall, Your First Line of Defence.’
Interconnected networks of partners, clients, remote offices, wireless LANs, vendors and the internet, have created multiple avenues for attackers to infiltrate. But the challenge organisations face is keeping up with the level of defence. No longer can they solely focus on securing the perimeter alone. Instead, businesses need to proactively identify security gaps that could be exploited by external and internal attacks. Penetration Testing service hunts for, and highlights, vulnerabilities in your network by emulating real-life external and internal attacks.
- Anticipate security risks before threat infiltration, breaches, and data theft.
- Detect hidden weakness by proactively identifying and testing vulnerabilities to gain unauthorised network access.
- Maintain and demonstrate compliance with regulatory and industry standards.
- Lessen financial setbacks. Attacks cost money in legal fees, lost revenue, reduced employee output and more.
- Protect your reputation and client data and maintain your public image and brand value by mitigating identified vulnerabilities.
Whether it be new technology, systems, people or processes, businesses are continually growing. Growth is positive. However, as an organisation develops, the more vulnerable it becomes. The majority of businesses have a Patch Management problem, and their in-house vulnerability management systems lack discipline, are often financially intensive and usually result in compromised visibility of security posture.
- Auditable collaboration, precise and applicable synopsis and carefully crafted reports.
- Accurate Prioritisation by identifying key areas of concern, therefore reducing recovery time for remediation.
- Identify and map your businesses risk-level to cyber threats. Round-the-clock support for scheduling, monitoring, analysis & reporting of scanning activities.
- Visibility to Stakeholders by highlighting your businesses attitude towards cyber security.
- Realise ROI by unleashing the full potential of your technology investments by maintaining a healthy cyber security posture.
Digital Forensics & Incident Response
Digital Forensics is used to provide a clear and decisive answer to the question ‘Are we breached?’. Without a comprehensive digital forensics service, combined with dynamic threat hunting, your team cannot detect a successful cyber breach and take proactive actions to contain threat and speed up recovery.
- Proactive discovery of your security breaches.
- Retrieve crucial information for effective and faster response.
- Safeguard data and prioritise time so that the most vital tasks are selected.
- Know who is targeting you, from any geolocation.
- Reassure management of proactive steps to contain security threats.
For more information regarding the above managed security services, visit SecurityHQ.
Or, to speak with a security expert, contact the team here.